Monday, March 17, 2008

the welcome back party, awesome

It's a post that is a few days late, but better than never talking about it.

The welcome back party :D

A most awesome event, definitely hits high on my list of great moments this year. It was BIG! The team that put the event together really out did themselves. A big clap for them.

It started on a drippy Friday evening, rain falling, things wetting, participant delaying, and organizers fretting.

However as the night progressed the site of the party aka the cafeteria, began to fill with people, most of who were initially shy but after a couple of rounds of red bull were partying with almost no inhibition.

Someone spiked that red bull, I had 4 cans. I also danced for 3 hours. Sugar rush.

Those who hit the dance floor lost themselves in an almost orgasmic euphoria. Friends of mine who I had never seen let lose, abandoned their sensibilities to the fray.

The pulse of music through the system.

The night was on overdrive, with people partying with a passion for life that can only be described as beautiful. There was a merging of senses, of human connection.
It was raw, primal, sweat mingling, the heat building, bodies swaying, moving to the rhythm of the night. We were all lifted to a higher place. It was amazing.

The bands got the crowd going, each unique and interesting.

The girls were on fire, freaks on the dance floor. They had me hot under my collar. Sol though had me for the night. My attention taken, my focus driven.

It was an awesome time with equally awesome people. Thank you.

No comments: