Wednesday, March 5, 2008

randomness and a PS3 hit

You know what's getting me down, all this Sony will rise again stuff that we keep reading about.

Humbug I say, and no it's not because I own a xbox or a xbox360. See if I hated Sony I wouldn't own a PSP slim and lite nor would I own a SonyEricsson w580i

Lets face the facts, they tried to compete with themselves and ended up falling over themselves or did they? Yeap they weren't competing against Microsoft, they were competing against the playstation 2, and I think it's evident that Sony put too much technology into a box too soon. Why would they do that? Why intentionally increase the price of your system when you can get away with so much less. After all price tag is important. So I think it was all cleverly engineered plot, yep a plot I tell you. What is this fiendish plot?

Well I think it goes something like this...

(Time frame) Around end of PS2 lifecycle and PS3 pre-development time...

enter fiendish type plot...

Cracking their heads as to how to best their ps2, the PS3 development team had come up against a brick wall, one which no idea could penetrate, they had tried everything, playing Halo, eating McDonald's, play golf on one of the roof tops in japan, prank calling Bill Gates, but nothing helped them, this is probably what they thought.

PS3 Guy A "Ok we're stuffed mates, our bloody ps2 is the bomb, wtf are we going to do, how can we out shine the ps2?"

PS3 Guy B "We should play more halo 2, maybe if I kill a few more noobs, my mind will clear and we'll be able to think clearer"

So after an excessive amount of time on xbox live, the developers came back to the table but still nothing had changed, they were stumped, so decided to eat a bit more McDonalds.

PS3 Guy A "Wtf man I'm stuffed after 3 big macs" and suddenly a lightbulb went off in PS3 Guy A's head "That's it"

PS3 Guy B "What's it?"

PS3 Guy A "Well stuff it!"

PS3 Guy B "Stuff it? Man I think you've tapped one to many times on the bong"

PS3 Guy A "I mean stuff it with all the tech we have, that way people will hate the PS3, and so when we develop the PS4 with the similiar tech people will love the PS4"

PS3 Guy B "Dude, serious no more big macs and weed for you"

PS3 Guy A "Seriously dude, if we f*ck up the PS3, then we can outshine ourselves when we make the PS4!"

PS3 Guy B "I'm starting to question your sanity but you are after all PS3 Guy A, so yeah I guess we can do this"

And thus the PS3 was born, f*cked up on purpose so that they can outshine themselves with the PS4.

And thus ends my ludicrous blogpost, hope you've enjoyed it as much as I have

2 comments:

Sabby said...

That was a fun-nay little cook up...and yes, apparently I read your blog =)

Tristan said...

coolage