Wednesday, March 5, 2008

to blog or not to blog, woe the clichéd question

I hate the term "blog" such a ridiculous term, and yet here I am blogging.

I ask you, where is the sense in that? where is the supposed pragmatism? why did the chicken cross the road? and who would be so bothered to wonder these things?

First of all there need not be sense, secondly to hate the term is not to hate the action now is it?

Logically speaking no, and since pragmatism is defined as logical or practical thought, I think we have our pragmatism right here, I can now blissfully blog without contradiction, or mental hindrance. For a further understanding of the word, click here.

It's good to get all that out of the way.

So why am I back to blogging? Well for years I've suffered with insomnia, it comes and goes, and well I figured that writing down or in this case typing what I think, or the incoherent nonsense that passes for thought in my head, would be a good idea, maybe it will help me sleep at night to get these thoughts out of my head and onto something tangible, that is if you can consider the electrical charges that make up the information on the hard disk, on the server that is hosting this blog tangible.

Also there is the fact that almost nobody will read what I write, and so I figure for those who do there shall be something to occupy you with, if I can distract you from your own sad existence, I'll know that my life is not as crappy as yours. Though I honestly don't think my life is crappy and so it is not a reason behind this blog, my life is running pretty well, there have been a few hiccups but I'll work them out soon enough.

Why did the chicken cross the road? If I knew I wouldn't be asking the question, now would I?

Who would wonder these things? Me, but if you do too, drop me a line. If you're a girl be sure to leave your name and number. I'm free on weekends. I can't guarantee that I'll like you but it's worth a shot.

Anyway I think this shall be all for my first post. Drop me a comment if you've read and enjoyed any part of it. Catch you on the flip side.

No comments: