Thursday, March 6, 2008

my paradoxical enigma

I couldn't sleep and so I penned this poem, there are things in my mind I don't understand, and they've come out in this poem I guess, you could say I've had an enigma that's paradoxical in nature. How is that? Well there is the paradox. I don't understand it and yet do. A contradictory nature of an inner revelation. Post me your thoughts.

who are you? friend or foe?
heaven sent, or the devil's own?
clothed in wonder, shrouded in mystery,
my paradoxical enigma,

contrary though it may be,
I fear thee and am elated by thee,
contrary creature that you are to me,
paradox wrapped in an enigma,

silent and screaming,
my heart beating,
my eyes seeing the implicit, unbelieving,
my paradoxical enigma

where do I stand in this transient space,
where do I belong in this creation,
sanity, and insanity, seemingly transposable,
for you, my paradoxical enigma

No comments: