Tuesday, March 11, 2008

rock my socks, you do

You rock my socks!

I love that term. It embodies everything I feel when someone makes me truly happy.

And there are people in this world who make me truly happy, I love those people. They need not know who they are, but they are indeed awesome individuals. The list of people who rock my socks has significantly increased this semester. I suppose I've stopped hiding in my little room, afraid that the world will screw me over.

I'm back in the world, living again, reconnecting with humanity and it's good! Boy oh boy it is good. It's been years since I've been able to wake up looking forward to living a day. And you know, I look forward to everyday. It's really good. I mean supercalifragilisticexpialidocious good.

So I'm filled with joy, I never was suicidal, just very lonely, and for some reason I thought isolating myself was the way to go, I thought if I was alone I could never be torn in two again. However all that happened was the erosion of the delicate walls I had put in place to hold back the anger, pain, guilt and sadness in my life. 7 years of suffering, now over. I'm free. FREE! FREE!

My personal motto has always been, 'sola gratia" or by grace alone. The title that I carry with pride bestowed by my parents and friends is "Tristan by the grace of God". And truly it has been God's amazing grace that has brought safe thus far, and his grace that will lead me home.

So I'm better than I was, and I'm striving to be better everyday.

So I leave you with my favourite hymn.

"Amazing Grace"

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound,
That saved a wretch like me.
I once was lost but now am found,
Was blind, but now I see.

T'was Grace that taught my heart to fear.
And Grace, my fears relieved.
How precious did that Grace appear
The hour I first believed.

Through many dangers, toils and snares
I have already come;
'Tis Grace that brought me safe thus far
and Grace will lead me home.

The Lord has promised good to me.
His word my hope secures.
He will my shield and portion be,
As long as life endures.

Yea, when this flesh and heart shall fail,
And mortal life shall cease,
I shall possess within the veil,
A life of joy and peace.

When we've been here ten thousand years
Bright shining as the sun.
We've no less days to sing God's praise
Than when we've first begun.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

welcome back to the world ^^

Sabby said...

Awwwwww....
Well glad that you are all fixed now! =)