Friday, March 7, 2008

help me, i'm a procrastinator

Procrastinator supreme, I am.

I got some work done today, but it pales in comparison to the amount of time I found myself wasting. What is with that? I looked for so many excuses to just not do any work. Alright I didn't exactly look for excuses, I subconsciously just arranged things so I would do the minimal amount of work.

However tomorrow shall be different. Indeed it shall, my other personalities agree, we shall work our asses off. At least we'll try. We aren't to clever though. But we do try. So, yeah, work, tomorrow. Let the morning come. I'm going to kick Saturday's arse.

Today, though filled with procrastination wasn't entirely bad. Highlight was sitting down with a nice girl, and having a really good conversation. I love conversations, I enjoy listening, I enjoy contributing, I love the exchanging of words, as if we were all in a play. So fascinating how other people are. So much is said that goes unheard in most conversations, sentence structuring, choice of words, intonation, eye contact, body language. These things are a subset of the words being spoken, and sometimes are a far more interesting matter than the content of the spoken word. Though to ignore words completely is to start erasing the highway numbers on your map. You'll lose your way. So you who talked to me today, thank you.

So procrastination has it's upsides too, it allows for some major randomness. Something I enjoy, being, random. Screw what people think you should be, random is always the way to go. It's messy, it can get you into a lot of trouble, but it can bring just as much in pleasure too. One who is too structured can never truly live a complete and whole life. I think each of us need a little chaos in our order. But we should never lose ourselves completely to the fray. I've skimmed that edge, between ordered chaos, and pure calamity. A dark place.

Anyways, I'm positive tomorrow will bring much more work to the table and the mind, I don't hope, I will make it happen, God willing, and I think he'd want me to get some work done. So I'm hoping he gives me the appropriate nudge. I'm looking for a sign, though what that may be, I have no idea, gotta keep an open mind.

I think I've sufficiently blogged for today. Maybe more as my Saturday progresses.

Peace

No comments: