Monday, April 21, 2008

reaching

I find myself in an open meadow on this restless night, my mind wandering to places far away. The night is calm and the air still, there is a crispness about it, a coolness as I breath softly. The grass caresses my skin gently, it's touch a tingle against my skin. I am in awe of this beauty.

The moon hangs high in the starry sky, subtle, unobtrusive, it's light bathing the world in pale glow, illuminating dimly the features of the land around me. The hills are in the distance, their outline imposing, seemingly impassable, framing so beautifully the distant world.

I close my eyes.

A sound I hear, what is it? A sweet sound, like distant waters running, smooth, reassuring. I hear the song of the heavens. An angel choir of cherubim and seraphim the sound is in my ears. I understand it now. The song is not a song. It is laughter.

I strain to hear. It fades. Softly into the background.

I open my eyes and suddenly my gaze is transfixed by the beauty of the heavenly bodies. I am star struck. There she is in the distance, beyond my grasp, one with the stars. I am mesmerized, she has captured me. Her perfect imperfection takes me.

I am enthralled.

My mind is spinning. The starry night, her beauty, all but consumes me. It fills me up and steals my breath. I am held in a moment. A moment is all I have. Time is fleeting, running out. Hoping this star has an answer, confounded by her ethereal starshine, the path is unclear and so I reach for her.

Will she reach out? Will she reach out?


I am in the open meadow. I am transfixed, I am reaching. Hanging by a moment, praying, hoping.

No comments: