Saturday, September 20, 2008

pathology

I see you scurrying about day to day,
From the shadows I observe,
For nought it serves,
All meaningless I say,

Insects, rodents and all manner of banal things,
You are all hopelessly caught up in the fray,
To see why you tick,
Maybe I should alleviate your pain,

I will dissect you piece by piece,
My scalpel cutting deep,
Piercing skin and flesh and bone,
Taking you apart, watching you bleed,

I shall prod and poke,
Till my inquiry is complete,
Consume you till I've had my fill,
Then discard you like filth beneath my feet,

From behind my mask I will smile,
While the people cheer,
As I pick the next one to die,
I can hear them say "Opus Dei"

Note: Opus Dei in this context is not a reference to the religious body affiliated to the catholic church. It means work of God in Latin.

No comments: