Tuesday, October 28, 2008

my friend "the rockstar"

I've decided to do a series of posts on my very colourful friends and their very quirky ways and how that makes my days complete. Be they the building blocks of the day or the icing on the proverbial cake.

My friend the rockstar. Is not a rockstar though she has all the glamour in her to be that diva rockstar you see on tv. She is fabulous. Odd. Quirky. Random. Beautiful.

Blessed with a brilliant mind, this woman is destined for greatness. You can almost see the stardust falling off this shooting star as she blazes through your life. It's almost too much to handle till she goes and does something or says something comical and you look at her and see this little girl who you can't help but adore. Did I mention she's a funky dancer? Yeah this lady can move her hips and what a nice set of hips she has.

Moving on. How did we meet? At the women's room in Monash. Well not really. At the editors office downstairs when she was asking about some twit I had had the unfortunate pleasure of grouping with for a project. I proceeded to give her my perception of him. We went on to talking a lot over facebook's brilliant chat system. After a millennia we exchanged emails and started chatting over msn. Finally had our first proper conversation in person at this semester's orientation program and only exchanged phone numbers after the monash ball. You don't get much more platonic than that.

Our running joke is how set apart we feel from the world around us. We the people of our lofty places. I reason it's cause we have our heads so far up our arses. She agrees. Another joke we have is her reference to men as being halal and non-halal. Her charm personified.

At times she refers to me as by the grace of God. A reference to a story I told her about myself. We are kindred spirits.

This is to you rockstar.

No comments: