Tuesday, October 28, 2008

my friend "dajuice"

I've decided to do a series of posts on my very colourful friends and their very quirky ways and how that makes my days complete. Be they the building blocks of the day or the icing on the proverbial cake.

My friend Dajuice or so his gaming handle goes is one of my closest friends. I met him what seems like an eternity ago on a university field trip to Sunway Pyramid's ice skating ring (it's actually an oval). I sized him up and thought to myself, sweaty palm pervert. I wasn't wrong and it's a good thing. Well the sweaty palm thing could be a problem for some but since I don't ever find cause to hold his hand I'm quite right. I watched him slam into a wall of the ring, he was going to fast on the ice his first time ice skating, didn't know how to break and bam, Dajuice meet wall, wall meet Dajuice. The lecture and I had to laugh.

I also singled him out as being the most intelligent person on that field trip which was the catalyst for our friendship. His apparent vastly superior intellect to the others lead to me asking him for his notes as the exams drew near. It was the foot in for our friendship. I didn't see myself acquiring a new friend that day but I did and I'm glad.

A constant running joke about our friendship is that Dajuice is my wife. I personally think if I was into men, I would have better taste. That being said ladies he's a terrific guy. Don't let his mum find him a penguin to marry. Do the right thing be a man... err I mean woman and get to know this awesome guy. Riddled with idiosyncrasies he is one unique individual. You'll love him as I have grown to.

He's in love with my dog. The dude is odd and I wouldn't have it any other way. Life wouldn't be if it weren't for him. He's bailed me out so many times. I repay him with the occasional chocolate.

This is to you Dajuice.

No comments: