Tuesday, October 28, 2008

my friend "minimus"

I've decided to do a series of posts on my very colourful friends and their very quirky ways and how that makes my days complete. Be they the building blocks of the day or the icing on the proverbial cake. I start with the last person I spoke with online tonight and the rest shall proceed in no particular order.

This friend is a funny bunny, a goofy girl and has a case of selective herpetophobia lizardsaurus minimus or so I've pronounced it as such. More importantly she makes me happy, makes me smile.

First things first, herpetophobia is the fear of reptiles and while she's only afraid of your everyday garden variety lizard or gecko I've decided her reaction to the presence of a lizard should be given it's own name hence selective herpetophobia lizardsaurus minimus. Thus providing me a new nickname for her "Minimus". I use it with all the affection I can muster.

I met her sometime at the beginning of the previous semester, one of those random occurrences or perhaps not, owing to the fact that God works in mysterious ways. I know she'll get a kick out of that line.

While the meeting of two people is not necessarily the kick off for a friendship and I personally count the start of our friendship as being the day we were stuck at a bus stop while the rain fell all around us. It was a good day. I love the rain and so does she. It made for good conversation time. From their our friendship has progressed and strengthened and only proceeds to get stronger.

A running joke between us is the naming of "our" children. Why this joke? I have no idea where it started, might be that one time we had a talk about her biological clock counting down and I being the gentleman that I am stepped up and offered my services in an effort to save the species. Doing my part to ensure the continued survival of the human race. I think. I might be wrong. On another note none of the names I come up with are ever right for "our" kids. Women! Gah! Haha.

The women is nuts. I swear it's a good thing. It's an awesome thing. When I'm down, she makes me smile, when I'm out of touch, she reconnects me. I've no complaints on the nuttiness that ensues. We have the most brilliant chats about everything and nothing and we share the same great taste in music. Well almost, some of my music is more awesome. No one is perfect.

I don't know where life will take us but I'm glad I met her. I love her as I do all my friends.

Here is to you minimus.

More friends to come.

No comments: