Wednesday, May 21, 2008

all the pretty paintings

A friend of mine is leaving the country very soon, it was an eventuality foreseen and unfortunately for me I'm going to miss her very much. It is going to be very much like this, one day everything is awesome and everything is colourful and bright and the next all the pretty paintings she's coloured into my life will washout as the rain falls in her absence. Dark clouds are on the horizon and I know they're coming for me.

I could focus on them as I have been doing the last couple of weeks or I could spend all the time I have left with her, hoping to have so many paintings that the rain will not be able to wash them all out.

She is by far one of the most colourful people I've ever had the pleasure of meeting, her absence will rob me of a part myself I never had before, a part of me she woke up and gave colour, her beauty both physical and emotional has impacted me, her mind has opened my eyes and her absence will leave me wanting. My life has been greatly enriched by her and if I have an abundant number of paintings even the rain cannot seek to wash them all away. A friendship not lost.

If you're reading this, you've given me more out of our friendship than I could ever have hoped for. I thank you. I'm looking forward to the pretty paintings and the goofy smiles.

Hugs and Kisses

No comments: