Wednesday, August 5, 2009

the post that slowly loses its mind

It's been sometime since I've written an actual post. I realise I've neglected this space posting only my most random thoughts in the form of silly poetry. I've had a lot on my mind but nothing worth putting down on paper as it were.

So what's new?

It's a new semester, which always perks my mood. New people in a very general sense means new relationships which in turn means new conversations about new subjects, at least I hope it translates to that.

We've got a new edition to the band, my new bass guitar, Sophia the Silvery Axe of Awesomeness. I call her Soph, she growls. It be very nice. Our band has also acquired a new tambourine. The Tambourine of Whimsical Delight. Rashaad likes her. He was having a whale of a time slapping her about. The Djembe might be slightly jealous as Rashaad now has to split his attention between the two of them during our acoustic gigs.

Which reminds me, we're playing at the hostelite party at Monash on Friday the 7th of August at an unspecified time after 7.30pm on the rooftop of Monash's building 7. I digress.

Our music is going well. Still working out the kinks in the recording process. Thing and Header are sounding really sexy. Still waiting to hear Goodbye, Goodnight and Hey Now mixed. I wrote Goodbye, Goodnight don't ask me what it's about because when I wrote it I was half asleep at something like 4am but yeah I hope it come out well. We've got another 4 or 5 songs in the mix.

One day people, Crossing Boundaries on iPods everywhere. Infecting the air waves with our unique brand of retardation. When the time comes don't forget to get your souvenir XB beer mugs. Definitely beer mugs, Shaneil will see to it. Rum will be a pre-requisite for every concert and t-shirts with super heroes on them.

Reality, we come back to it now. I've already met a couple of interesting new people at uni. I'm glad.

I'm listening to Pink by Aerosmith. That song always brings a smile to my face. Classic use of euphemisms and innuendos. Indeed. If you don't know what I'm talking about well, I'm sorry son you're missing out on a brilliant slice of musical comedy.

A post of mine is never complete without a seemingly arbitrary and almost non-sequitur mentioning of monkeys. They're still plotting our demise. I've ensured my safety though, I've stockpiled my banana (the fruit) reserve.

I think my odd fixation with simians comes from being bitten by one when I was ten years old. That monkey was vicious and it drank coke cola. Probably a reason behind why I don't drink coke. Well ok I do drink coke but I don't like it very much. True story. Having said all that, I do like my brother apes. As posted a while back regressing to our more primal state would definitely ease the worlds worries. After all the only itch that would need scratching would be the itch on your butt and in monkey society it's not rude to scratch yourself in public. Sigh. What a world that would be.

Reality, we have once again drifted away from it. Where was I? Actually I've lost myself. I'm right here where I was before but now Janie's got a gun. I think she killed her dad. They found him on the train tracks. She ran.

Reality, has given up on us.

Hope this has kept you entertained, I hope you kept up with the slow descent into madness. You know you did and you loved it. Cheers.

No comments: