Thursday, May 21, 2009

the fractured night

As I alternate between Nickleback's Savin' Me and Jars of Clay's River Constantine I sit here on my bed unable to sleep.

The drift to the other side is almost non-existent, I feel no pull. I am here, centred and unmoveable. Monolithic in appearance, these are my thoughts. The sound of music brushing against my ears does nothing to fracture the wall of cerebration I've created. No external stimulus seems to get through. I hear it but can't seem to process it, a back log created by my already innumerable thoughts.

The flavour of my one recurring thought is melancholic. I can't catch my breath. My slowed cognitive process won't allow me to express myself. My mind is dull, diffused and untethered. I can't catch my breath. I think we're spinning, I can't relate on this the fractured night of impenetrable thought. I cannot discern, I can't catch my breath.

The sun has long since fallen from the sky,
I am a traveller but I have not travelled far,
The sun has long since faded into the horizon,
I know where I am but I am lost,

The sun has long since settled west
I am looking up but I cannot see,
The sun has long since passed from interest,
I am standing still but falling free,

The sun has long since fallen from the sky,
I am breathing but I cannot catch my breath,
The sun has long since faded into the horizon,
I contemplate but I cannot comprehend,

No comments: