Sunday, August 24, 2008

and now for something different

So putting matters of the heart aside (in which no pragmatism can possibly exist.). I have decided to write about nothing of consequence, deciding my attempt at pragmatic thought isn't much of an attempt as the attempt continues at a capricious pace, apathy being the order of the day. In fact that line has become my new blog description so that it may remind me of my current state of mind. Which even as I type seems redundant to me, seeing as I live inside my head and know exactly what is going on (or not) in there.

I write for the entertainment of my readers (if any exist). These days though I find so little to write about.

I could talk about the cesspool that is politics but I do not see the point in that, for so long as the human element remains there will be corruption and if it is removed then there would be no humanity because at the very heart of our species we are corrupt. We don't have to try to be evil, it is doing good that is unnatural to us. Nevertheless we are trying and that has to count for something.

I will not talk about love for it is not the many splendid thing described in that song. No. No it is most certainly not. At this point in time though my distaste for love and its' intoxicating, now to me revolting effect is reasonably understandable, as extensively covered in several past blogposts my heart has suffered a gratuitous amount of hurt from which it is recovering at an ever so dilatory pace. The recovery is a laborious one, which in layman's terms means a right pain in the arse. Still one must press on.

Oh I despise thee cursed fel-love,
I rebuke thee return from whence thou came,
Be gone heathen creature,
My heart despairs this foul disease,
For which there is no cure,
Save the long passing of time.


Now that my medieval-esque tirade is over I shall continue with what I set out to do and that is absolutely nothing of consequence and I think I have thus far succeeded in that attempt. And now I fail. Because the human condition and all its idiosyncrasies, namely love are at the very core of my being. And so at some point in the near future, I shall blog about something of consequence. Or of the people of consequence and the conversations I have with them.

I like conversations. I like them very much, especially the random ones.

1 comment:

Tristan said...

hi jacki

i'm not worried =P

i'm just not happy... =)