Monday, September 13, 2010

the girl next to me

i see her next to me,
staring blankly out into a sea,
of people oblivious to what makes her,
what makes her unique,

i look at her with affection,
i say so with inflection,
our friendship is a delight,
a delight of worthwhile distraction,

her face is beauty,
skin is only so deep,
but the masses see what's on the outside,
the masses that can't see wood for trees,

her soul she hides,
delicate like the moonlight,
whispers wonder if you'll only listen,
whispers to me insight,

thoughts fill my soul,
this friend like a child to hold,
protect with sword, shield, skin and bone,
protect with every breath more precious than gold,

my thoughts fill my head,
my thoughts fill this page,
my thoughts another chapter write,
my thoughts fueled by her delight.

No comments: