Monday, February 1, 2010

the euphoric nature of hot coffee

So I'm out of the house today, head to the mechanic to pay a deposit on a new engine for quirk, my car. Yes I named my car quirk. She's awesome. You cannot begin to imagine how much I miss her.

Anyways I put the deposit down and decide to head to pyramid where low and behold I meet Joanna. Random coincidence. Why am I blogging about this? No reason.

Now I'm at starbucks having a caramel machiatto, hot, grande.




I sit back sipping this drink and my mind begins to wander. I am suddenly diffused and ethereal. I spin thoughts that are abstract and whose contents are an esoteric caveat.

I take in the brightness of my surroundings. The glow of this place, draws me like a moth to an open flame.





Till my vision tunnels to the one real thing. The warmth of a cup in my hands.




This is me and my cup of coffee. Its soothing nature, calms my turbulent soul. The goodness and simplicity inherent in its saturated flavour takes all of me.

The bitter complexity of the bean, the creamy goodness of milk foamed to give it a sense of airieness. The sweetness of vanilla and caramel and perhaps most important of all the warmth of the cup.

Le dolce vita.

- Posted on the go.

No comments: