Friday, June 13, 2008

the world could do without, sadly

The world could do without me, sadly.

Or perhaps I could do without the world, I could do without suffering, I could do without joy, I could do without breathing, I could do without my heart beating, I could do without my broken soul, I could shed my skin, I could escape the corporeal world, I could fly heavenward, I could find peace, maybe I could do without her, ludicrous as it may seem maybe I could do without her love.

I can't.

And so the world will have to do without me, sadly. Slowly I will fade into the night, my voice will go quiet, I will pass from human knowing. I will be forgotten. My name will not echo, my name will not echo, my name will not echo. I will not matter, as I do not matter now, as I have never mattered. For nothing matters and I am nothing.

And so the world will have to do without me, I would like to think, though it won't notice. I will. Me and my thoughts.

No comments: